Adding a node may make DC/OS restart all installed services which may lead to data loss when these services installed without host volumes, and the re-installation process may put services at other servers other than the original servers.
These are the steps:
- Rack up a physical server to create a virtual machine on cloud
- The server should come with CentOS 7+
- SSH into the server
- Install Docker: https://dcos.io/docs/1.9/installing/cloud/gce/#configure-docker
- Get the dcos-install.tar file (see last optional step): https://dcos.io/docs/1.9/installing/custom/gui/#-a-name-backup-a-optional-backup-your-dc-os-installer-files
- Add the new server node: https://dcos.io/docs/1.9/administering-clusters/add-a-node/