Many Node JS modules are not having pre-built binaries ready at certain Node JS versions, especially latest Node JS. Thus building from source process is required if developer wants to use the module.
- Remove Python 3.x as node-gyp only works with Python 2.x
- Install latest Python 2.x from http://python.org
- Remove Visual Studio (to avoid conflict, reinstall back later)
- Remove Windows SDK 8.1 (to avoid conflict, reinstall back later)
- Remove Windows SDK 10 (to avoid conflict, reinstall back later)
- Remove Node JS module ‘windows-build-tools’
- Install Visual C++ Build Tools from http://landinghub.visualstudio.com/visual-cpp-build-tools